Thursday 14 February 2013

Exclusive Interview with Jugstate

I was able to get an exclusive interview with Jugstate which he was extremley excited about, he really appreciated this so much, this interview will give you a great insight into what Jugstate is all about so enjoy:

1) How did the name Jugstate come about?

I came up with the name because i like the slogan of ALLSTATE Insurance Company which is 'In Good Hands' so i thought that Jugstate would let people know that they are in good hands as far as music.

2) Who influences your music?

Alot of people! I love Wu Tang and i am a huge fan of Jodeci so anything else between those two distinctive groups i really like.

3) How would you describe your music?

My music is a bit  unprecdictable! I remember doing shows back home in (Boston)  and i would perform for a more underground hip hop crowd and they would say it was too commercial  and then i would perform with a more commercial crowd and they would say i'm too underground but both crowds loved it lol. So my music is a mix bag of everything.

4) Is Jugstate the next big thing?

It's the next big thing for me lol, i feel that some of my material can play alongside some of today's top music artists, my sound is very relative to today's music, i think the fans will be very happy and maybe a little surprised about how good my music is.

5) When did you first start writing music & performing?

I wrote my first song when i was about 8 years old, i still remember the lyrics the song was called 'We're Funky' LMAO! It was me and my best friend at the time (Davy) I've been performing since i was about 6.

6) Please tell me about yourself, How did it all begin?

Well i was in a group called Tru Indeed, it was me and my homie Cube Ref, we formed the group in about 1999 and been doing shows and making music in Boston til 2010 when Cube Ref decided that he wanted to walk away from that part of the music business, we were 85% done with our first full length album when it happened, it was probably the most difficult thing i had to throw away in all my life, it was years of work down the tubes and i didn't just want to give up so now we have Jugstate.

7) Has music always been a big influence in your life?

I've always been a fan of music, which i think made me appreciate it more, it's been in my life since my life started, music was played all the time even on early mornings and in the street it was all around me, i like music as a whole, the different sounds, melody's, lyrics!

8) What music are you into?

I don't want to sound like everybody else and say everything but i think i really do like everything but i kinda lean towards salsa (spanish music) i really like it for some reason, i don't even understand it most of the time but i love it (strange huh? LOL.

9) Who would you say are your music icons?

I would say some of my icons are Big Daddy Kane, Jodeci, Wu Tang of course! Big fan of Jay Z and Kem.

After the interview this is what Jugstate had to say:

"Thanks for the interview Nicki...... Appreciate this lots! It was fun answering the questions LOL"


No comments:

Post a Comment